The Best Sleep Tracking App for Android Users
“Sleeping is my favorite hobby” said our new intern yesterday. “Mine is dancing” replied my Android developer coworker. Their light chit-chat made me think about the importance of a good night sleep and how sleeping results to be a challenge sometimes. Small business owners and independent professionals (like hair stylists, beauticians, spa owners, dentists, gym owners, psychologists, driving instructors, fitness trainers, nutritionists, massage therapists, etc.) have a lot on their plates during the day as they work super hard, and many struggle to sleep well at times. A sleeping app can come to the rescue and be a useful tool for a better sleep hygiene.
The right sleep tracking app could be a good idea even for those who have a passion for sleeping, who’d love to sleep non-stop if possible, people who really enjoy taking a good “siesta” every chance they get. Because a sleep tracking app wakes you up at the right time and in a pleasant way, never letting you oversleep again. That way your day gets to be much more productive. For those struggling to get a bit of a shut-eye, there are many apps out there you could try. Here’s probably the best sleep tracking app on Android. “Sleep as Android” has been around for a few years and it keeps getting better. This is our favorite, but you can check out more sleep apps for Android at the end of this post. So let’s see what a sleep tracking app does and how it can help.
This app is a sleep cycle tracker with smart alarm and many other cool features. It’s pretty much like a sleep lab in your pocket. It sends you bedtime notifications and it tracks your sleep. It has sensors that detect the mattress movement, detecting the sleep phase you’re in (light or deep). And most important: it wakes you up at the optimal time (when you’re on a light sleeping phase) with a gentle alarm with nature sounds: birds, sea, storm plus playlists. It has a snoring detection and anti-snoring system and a smart light wake up. For those who have a hard time falling asleep, the app plays for you nature sound lullabies to fall asleep. You could listen to whales, storms, sea, fire, etc. with binaural tones for fast fall asleep. It’s a free app, but in order to get the full experience and enjoy the cool features you need to make in-app purchases.
– Sleep cycle tracking with smart wake up uses your phone’s or wearable sensors (2 weeks trial)
– Sonar: revolutionary contact-less ultrasonic sleep tracking (no need for phone in bed)
– Wearable tracking, supports Pebble, Wear OS, Galaxy Gear, Garmin, Mi Band
– Health services: Google Fit, S Health integration
– Smart bulb control with Philips HUE or others over IFTTT
– Sleep Score: your sleep quality is made up of duration, deficit, deep sleep %, snoring, efficiency, irregularity
– Gentle nature sound alarms (birds, sea, storm…) and playlists
– Nature sound lullabies (whales, storm, sea, chants..) with binaural tones for fast fall asleep
– Spotify and Play Music integration or online radio alarms or lullabies
– Never oversleep again with CAPTCHA wake up verification (Math, Sheep counting, Phone shaking, Bathroom QR code or NFC tag)
– Sleep talk recording, snoring detection and anti-snoring
– Jet lag prevention
– Sleep respiration tracking (Oximetry, Sonar or Sleep Phaser)
For more sleep tracking apps for Android, check out this article. Or this one which suggests other six other sleep apps that can be beneficial to you and help you build healthier sleep habits, some of them great for iOS users too: Sleepzy, Calm (for iOS users), SleepCycle, SleepScore (iOS), etc.
Last but not least, if you need more productivity in your work, you hope and pray to have great appointments and reduce client no-shows to zero, here’s Appointfix to make your life easier. Check out our schedule app to get a modern and wonderfully organized appointment book on your phone, plus automated text message reminders sent to your clients. You can download Appointfix here for Android (or here if you’re an Apple fan using iOS). Give it a try and let us know what you think!