Last Modified: December 21, 2021
1. What is a Cookie?
A cookie is a small file of letters and numbers downloaded on your computer when you access certain websites. In general, cookies allow a website to recognize a user’s computer.
The cookies placed by Appointfix help by making our website a bit easier to use, for example, by remembering site preferences and language settings.
We use these cookies for a number of purposes, including:
- Keeping you signed in
- Keeping your preferences
- Understanding how you use our website to improve your experience
- To monitor and analyze the performance and effectiveness of our website
- To understand and improve the impact of our marketing campaigns
- For security needs and fraud-protection purposes and in order to identify and prevent cyber-attacks
The cookies that are used by Appointfix.com should be divided into two types:
- “First-party Cookies” – Cookies that are placed by Appointfix
- “Third-party Cookies” – Cookies that are placed and used by third-party companies, such as Google
Depending on their function, Cookies may have different durations. There are session cookies and persistent cookies:
- Session cookies only last for your online session. It means that the browser deletes these cookies once you close your browser
- Persistent cookies stay on your device after the browser has been closed and last for the period of time specified in the cookie
The cookies used on our website fall into one of four categories:
- Essential Cookies let you move around the website and use essential features like secure and private areas.
- Analytic Cookies let us understand how you use our website (e.g. which pages you visit), provide statistics on how our website is used, improve the website by identifying any errors, and performance issues.
- Functional cookies are cookies used to remember choices users make to improve their experience (e.g. language).
- Marketing cookies are used to collect information about the impact of our marketing campaigns performed on other websites on users and non-users.
Alternately, it is also possible to stop your browser from accepting cookies altogether by changing your browser’s cookie settings. You can usually find these settings in the “options” or “preferences” menu of your browser.
Please note that deleting our cookies, disabling future cookies or tracking technologies may prevent you from accessing certain areas or features of our Services, or may otherwise adversely affect your user experience.
The following links may be helpful, or you can use the “Help” option in your browser.
- Cookie settings in Safari (iOS)
- Cookie settings in Android
- Cookie settings in Firefox
- Cookie settings in Google Chrome
- Cookie settings in Safari (OS X)
- Cookie settings in Internet Explorer
To opt-out from and prevent your data from being used by Google Analytics across all websites, check out the following instructions: https://tools.google.com/dlpage/gaoptout.