Mid Android Engineer
Location: Oradea, Romania – Full time – Hybrid
Our mission is to help professionals worldwide start and grow a successful small business through our easy-to-use app. Founded in 2015 by Romanian entrepreneurs, Appointfix was acquired in 2021 and is now an American-owned company. Over 70,000 beauty, fitness, and wellness professionals currently rely on Appointfix to manage their business, with over 30 million appointments managed to date.
Our Oradea office is home to a group of over 20 skilled individuals with colorful personalities, each of them bringing a unique spark to the team. As our customer base has significantly expanded in the last year, we’re looking to grow our team too. Interested in developing mobile apps in an easy-going and fun environment? THEN SMASH THE APPLY BUTTON NOW! 🙌👇
About the role
A team player with a positive attitude. You like a flexible schedule but still love to interact and work with colleagues in-person.
You’re highly passionate about mobile development and coding challenges. You care about the products you’re developing and want to deliver meaningful work that solves the user’s problems.
- 2+ years of experience with Android (Kotlin)
- Expertise in Android SDK (UI, Services, Broadcast Receivers)
- Expertise with SQLite (preferred with Room), Google APIs, Android APIs
- Expertise with third-party library integrations and submodules
- Strong knowledge of Android Component and Component’s lifecycle
- Excellent with Networking (REST API, JSON, Caching, etc).
- Excellent with Threading (Executors, RxJava, Coroutines)
- Good knowledge of design pattern: MVVM (LiveData)
- Excellent knowledge of OOP and programming principles
Bonus points for
- Excellent with best UI/UX practices and design standards
- Excellent with Design patterns (Builder, D.I, Singleton, Factory, Observer)
- Expertise with debug and test tools (Profiler, Unit/Instrumented testings: JUnit, Robolectric)
- Experience in version control (e.g: GIT)
- Solid understanding of the agile development process and experience
- Implementing clean and manageable code
- Continuously discovering, evaluating and implementing new technologies to maximize development efficiency
Benefits and perks
- Attractive compensation based on your expertise
- Performance bonus (10% of the annual compensation) + Christmas bonus
- Flexible working hours & Healthy work-life balance
- Hybrid work ( Oradea office + remote)
- 25 paid vacation days, in addition to public holidays
- Hands-on mentorship and career coaching from our local team
- Access to a team of US experts that performed at top Silicon Valley firms
- Courses and hackathons that will help you grow
- The latest tech equipment
- Annual offsite team building + occasional barbecues and celebration lunches
- Private medical insurance (MedLife) to help you stay healthy
- Referral Program – refer an eligible candidate to fill one of the open roles and get paid
- Fresh fruits and delicious coffee from Street Coffee Roasters
- End-of-Trip Facilities: bicycle parking and showers
- A free car wash every month using a valet service
- A team that’s friendly, chill, and just the right amount of fun
If mobile development is your passion, we have a challenging opportunity for you!
Apply below or send us an email at firstname.lastname@example.org and lets have a chat!