10 Missed Appointment Message Templates For your Clients
May 30, 2022
It’s not a secret that salon professionals often deal with clients who miss their appointments. A recent study showed that nearly 30% of all appointments are missed! But did you know those appointment no-shows can go as far as $26,000 in losses per year for small businesses? That’s revenue that could easily be retained.
This can be highly frustrating for professionals trying to run a successful business. Not only do missed appointments cost the salon time and money, but they can also impact the salon’s reputation as a whole.
In this blog post, you will find 10 message templates to send out when clients miss their appointment.
How to avoid salon no-shows?
People sometimes don’t show up to their appointments, and in some cases, that’s understandable. But what can we do with those who simply forget about them every single time? For example, you can:
- Send message reminders
- Keep track of your financial reports
- Send mass messages to your clients who didn’t show up in the last period
With Appointfix, you can send text message reminders before an appointment with a client. They will be notified about their appointments and have enough time to change their booking date or time if needed. Also, you can send a message to clients who missed an appointment. There are cases when they may have an emergency or forget even about the reminder you’ve sent. In this case, you can send them a follow-up to reschedule.
With apps that have a Payment feature, you can even ask clients for a deposit when they book so that you make sure not to lose time and money if they don’t show up.
When to send a no-show follow-up message?
Usually, it is best to send the message within an hour after the client misses the appointment. Formulating your message in a respectful and friendly way can increase the chances of that client rescheduling with you.
Below, you’ll find message templates to send when clients miss their appointments.
Missed appointment message templates without a deposit requirement
- Hi (name), we’re sorry to see you missed your appointment today and hope everything is well. If you’d like to reschedule, please reply to this message or call us at 123-456-7899.
- Hi (name), it looks like we missed each other today. To reschedule, please call me at 123-456-7899 or book via my online booking system: Appointfix online booking link.
- Hi there, I’m writing to inform you that you missed your (service) appointment today at (time). Please use my online booking link to reschedule: Appointfix online booking link. Hope to see you soon!
- Hi (name), here’s (your name) from (business name). You missed your service appointment. Here’s my booking link: Appointfix online booking link. See you soon!
- Hello (name), your booking today has been canceled since you didn’t make it. You may use the following link to reschedule: Appointfix online booking link. Best, (business name or your name).
Missed appointment message template with deposit requirement
- Hi (name). We noticed you didn’t make it to your appointment. According to our payment policy, you were charged (Deposit Amount) for not showing up to your appointment. To reschedule, please call 123-456-7899 or use the Appointfix online booking link.
- Hello! Here’s (your name) from (business name). Since you missed today’s (service) appointment, you were charged with (amount) that we used as a deposit for the booking. To reschedule, please call 123-456-7899 or use the following booking link: Appointfix online booking link.
- Hi there, we’re sorry that you missed your appointment today. According to our payment policy, we must inform you that you were charged with (amount). If you want to reschedule, please call 123-456-7899 or use the following booking link: Appointfix online booking link. I wish you a nice day!
- Hi (name), the (business name) informs that you were charged with (Total Price) for not showing up to your (service) appointment today with (name). For further information or a new appointment, please call 123-456-7899.
- Hello (name), I hope everything’s well with you. We just wanted to inform you that you were charged with (percentage) of your (service) appointment since you didn’t show up today. To reschedule, use our booking link: Appointfix online booking link.
If you didn’t set up your reminders before an appointment, here are 58 appointment reminder templates for you.